Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A dose of ESPN the OCHO



Waking up about an hour later than I'd hoped, I walked over to my computer to check my feeds and to my surprise we had an odd-ball entry. A "Best In Show" moment came to mind as a headline on ESPN.com showed the results of the Westminster Kennel Show boasted it's first Beagle to take the number one spot at the show. WOOO! Another upset to notch in this year in sports! As the AP stated "Barking and Baying up a storm, Uno lived up to his name". Yes, Uno the Beagle definately knew exactly what was going on, he even cried tears of joy. Now Eli's Manning's commercial time will be split with Uno, as in the midst of all the ruckus, the beloved Beagle announced that he too will be going to Disney World. If Dog shows are considered sport, then I would like some FROLF coverage. I think the Rossland Frolf Association and the PDGA (Professional Disc Golf Association) should be a viable competitor for headline news. Where's the love?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The world of dog competitions should not be taken lightly. The dogs and their handlers work very hard for a competition and are deserving of media coverage as much as someone throwing a ball to someone else. Your ignorance is showing sir.

4Real said...

I am going to back BC on this one... I am not saying that they don't work hard, that its not a talent or a skill, but it is not a sport. They don't show fashion shows on ESPN and they work in the same exact way. I appreciate a good carpentry, but I'm not going to tune into sports center to see highlights. To each his own, but not theirs on my ESPN please.